UNICEF Recruitment for U-Report Territory Officers in Nigeria
Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria |
U-Report Territory Officer |
Contract (6 Months) |
The role is for Deloitte Independent Facilitators, who will take on responsibilities as LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF U-Report programme in Nigeria. Our client UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of five (5) experienced U-Report Territory Officers in Nigeria to maintain and strategically expand relationships with the 36 States in Nigeria in line with the six (6) geopolitical zones and UNICEF field offices. These U-Report Territory officers will be responsible for achieving U-Report Recruitment quotas and assigned strategic U-Report objectives in each state and Local Government Area (LGA).
Areas of Coverage – (Zone):
- CT, Abuja Field Office.
- North East, Maiduguri Field Office.
- North West, Kano & Sokoto Field Office.
- South East Enugu Field Office.
- South-South, Port Harcourt Field Office.
- South West, Lagos Field Office.
- University Degree (BSc / BA) in Business, Marketing or any related field.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of local working language of chosen duty station is an asset.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international humanitarian organisations in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; empathic, must be a listener, a presenter and a people-person.
- Intermediate computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on superior Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Eager to expand the U-Report with the new U-Reporters, Partners and through Local Government Areas.
- Able to analyse data and statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term relationships within LGAs and states to facilitate organic growth and adherence to long-term U-Report objectives.
- Develop strategic planning to improve results from the assigned geographic locations.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly U-Report recruitment forecasts.
- Train prospective partners on UNICEF’s U-Partners platform.
- Gather reports, stories and communicate states’ feedback on service and technology.
- Proactively assesses, clarify and validate needs within states on an ongoing basis.
- Respond and organize solicited and unsolicited messages sent by U-Reporters on the U-Partners platform.
- Open, follow-up, escalate and close cases raised in the U-Partners Platform.
- Strategize & coordinate with U-Report Consultant / Coordinator on design and execution of marketing (for better reach,dedicated engagements and improved impacts) programs / events / campaigns to create interest and awareness among young people.
- Interpret data, analyse results and provide ongoing reports for informed programmatic interventions.
- Act as the U-Report Nigeria liaison between UNICEF Field Offices, LGAs and States.
- Plan and present weekly/monthly reports on States’ progress, goals and quarterly initiatives based on the agreed target matrices.
- Expand stakeholder relationships by on boarding new partnerships including U Partners, policymakers and influencers in each state.
- Facilitate engagements within LGAs and states through email, phone, presentations, live chats (online and offline) and in-person meetings.
- Support UNICEF Nigeria field offices as assigned.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- The role reports to the Innovation Specialist.
- The duty locations covers all six (6) geopolitical zones and UNICEF Field Offices.
- The contract duration is 6 Months.